Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Latest Mac Haul


On Memorial Day, my mother and I stopped by the Mac section in our Nordstrom’s Department store here in Houston. I checked out the new Neo Sci-Fi and Solar Field lines and picked up a couple of things from the last few lines Mac has come out with. The first thing I noticed was the fabulously bright nail polish in the Neo Sci-fi line. Beautiful! My nails badly need some attention and I’ve been dying to try a new bright color for the summer. So, I picked up the nail lacquer color, Plasma Blu. It’s best described as a frosty, blue, turquoise-esk color. I’m getting my nails done and I will post the color soon. I can’t wait! The Neo Sci-fi line is not all as bold as this nail color and I was actually surprised that most of the colors are actually muted considering the extremely bright neon orange packaging. My favorite of the eyeshadows (my favorite splurge of all of Mac’s products) is actually Expensive Pink which is already in my daily collection. My next stop was the new Solar Field display. What the Solar Field line consists of are these pigment-like pots filled with something called Solar Bits. The Mac website describes it as: Highly condensed clusters of pigment and pearl uniquely formulated to give a special hit of frost and colour on eyes and cheeks. Basically, it looks like creamy clumps or bits of pigment that you spread across to make a nice smooth finish. I picked up Bronzescape, which was a really intense bronze/gold color that I can even imagine mixing with some of my color shadows. I will post swatches to try to show you the intensity of this mixture. I just love new products! I’ve never seen anything like this before. The next thing I picked up was the pigment, Mutiny from the new Naughty Nautical line and another pigment from the Heatherette line that I’ve been dying to try, Pink Pearl. When I was checking out, the salesperson told us that there is a special edition brush set event coming up and she will call me before to set up an appointment. I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

Pretebrowneyes said...

how much are the MAC nail colors? This sounds really pretty but I'm wondering if it's worth my dollars....